Thursday, April 28, 2011

Working from Homeless

I was thinking last night (as I'm wont to do), and an idea for a movie occurred to me. Since I live in a shelter currently, the idea of writing something shelter related shouldn't be too big a stretch, but the idea was that a man who lives in a shelter wants to try some of the 'work from home' ideas, while he's living in the shelter and has no rent to pay (though lots of other bills).
So the working title (and I've been told it's an excellent title by two people so far), is 'Working from Homeless.'  I'm still in the 'thinking about it' phase, thinking about what happens to the hero, or anti-hero in this case. I'm going to make him hard to get along with, no one wants to hire him because of that, at times desperate, and willing to try any work at home job at least once.
A friend suggested a love interest, another homeless person, a mother with children, living in a motel. I have to give that some thought. I may make her an acquaintance at first, someone who works at a Starbucks where he is trying to work on his laptop. But I need him to face a crisis in the end. No one wants him, no one loves him, he's about to end it all by diving off a railroad bridge, and she stops him.
Or maybe not. I just don't know where it's going yet. But I will work on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment