Monday, March 5, 2012

Status Update

Today I made it to the library for the first time in 2 weeks. I has been nearly 3 weeks since the accident and I don't know when I'll gain  access to the internet again, so I wanted to share how I was doing.

To be blunt, I'm alive, and I'm grateful for that, but when I can move my arm at all, it's not very much and the ability doesn't last long. I am in constant pain, from a dull ache that is always there to various amounts of pain that depends on how I move my arm. In other words, it's fucked up. The healing process, if it is ever complete, could take months.

I have to use my left hand to type, and the number of typos I've had to correct in this message alone would disqualify me from any position that required computer work. I'd never pass the typing test. I have to literally crawl my right hand to a spot where it could be useful, and even then it's painful.

My right knee has 3 torn ligaments, and I'm told only two of them will heal naturally. My orthopedic doctor, however, wants me to wait another 3 weeks to see if surgery is necessary. I have a new brace that allows me to walk on the leg with some difficulty, but it gets tired easily.

I can't sleep because I cant get comfortable enough to relax. I'm stuck in the shelter all day, and I try to write, but I have difficulty concentrating.

If all I need is time to heal, well I got it. However I feel that I need to get away from the shelter to maximize my healing. I'll be talking to the lawyer about getting a settlement ASAP.

This is the latest video I've recorded, just today. I've posted every other video I've recorded too, just follow the youtube link.

I hope everyone else is happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment