Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Forced End To Shelter Life

As I reported earlier, I have a job now. This is generally a good thing, but at the shelter it means they can't wait to get rid of me.

In fact, they've given me until Tuesday before they physically remove me from the shelter. In other words, though I could use more time to save money, two paychecks is all the shelter is giving me before it sends me on my merry way.

I can't even begin to describe how that makes me feel. I don't even get the same chance that others have of getting help finding an apartment, just 'you've been here too long, Mr. Fox, time to go.'

I truly feel like I'm getting the bum rush this time, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I can grin and bear it, or I can write about it. Guess which one I'm doing!

At least, though, I'm finally going to be out, but I'm worried about having to come back to the shelter at some point because I wasn't getting the help I need to get permanent housing. Well, only time will tell as far as that goes. I truly hope I've seen the last of the shelter, because I'm as sick of it as they are of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment