Thursday, February 25, 2010

Like/Work/Play: I'm Legal!

Okay, I finally went and ordered the full copy of Win 7 Professional, and have spent the last 4 hours installing and upgrading it, plus installing programs I need for work and of course, Wow. Wow, actually, is still updating.
But at least I have no more fear of the computer shutting down on me every two hours, like it has been warning it will do about every two hours.
Sadly, it's still on the small, slow hard drive that I had to downgrade to when my previous hard drive expired. I hope the same license will work if and when I get enough cash together for a new hard drive.
Actually I spent more than I wanted to on it, really more than I could afford, but I needed it to work when I need it to work, and not shut down when it wants to. So while bills keep going unpaid, at least the source of my income won't be deterred by my lack of a computer.
Oh speaking of life, and I wasn't but I will now, I had 5 days off in a row last week. A wonderful refresher that really left me feeling energized and ready to take on all-comers. The calls haven't seemed so rough this week, and call volume has been fairly low. I suspect that my employer and whoever is hiring them has hired additional staff to help us out. This will last until people are weeded out.
At any rate, week is over half way and I'm still feeling pretty chipper. We'll see how long that lasts, and then I count the days until the next vacation.
Now, if you'll excuse me, WoW just came up!

No comments:

Post a Comment