Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One Bad Trip Ends, A Better One Begins

Today I pick up the insurance check from the accident that dislocated my shoulder and tore 3 ligaments in my knee. I case you haven't been following, the amount of available insurance to pay for my injuries totaled $30,000. I am told there were over $100,000 in liens on the settlement. My attorney get $7,000, the claimants on the liens get $11,500, and I get the remaining $11,500.

Once the check clears my bank, my stint at being utterly poor and homeless will end. A new stint of being less poor and mobile, but still technically homeless will begin.

I intend to start Mike's New Hangout in earnest. I intend to buy a car or a cheap van (preferably the van), sleep in it when necessary and travel the country looking for events and stories to tell on the way.

I'm not what you would call a people person, but I like a good story when I hear it, see it or read it. So I'll be pointing the camera at some photogenic person, and ask them to tell me their story. I'll be visiting baseball parks and other sporting events, conventions (sci fi, comic, etc) and other notable events, oh like certain political conventions in August and September. I'll take the news as it happens.

I hope I find something people like. I'll be posting the videos on youtube and posting blogs with pictures either here or on a separate blog. I intend to make money with advertising, as youtube and Google offer programs to pay by the hit and click. So, if you like what you see, like it and share it. If you don't like what you see, check back later. This is an evolving business and I'll be listening to the comments.

Goodbye shelter (for now) hello motels.

No comments:

Post a Comment