Saturday, April 21, 2012

Something Old, Somethings New, And News!

I have been out of the shelter since Tuesday, but I wanted to throw an update out to my readers on my status.

I am currently living in a motel room, the same motel I stayed in over a year ago, before losing my job and moving to the shelter in the first place. It is a different room, though, that has a table where I can sit relatively comfortably and work with my brand new laptop.

Yes, that's the something new. I am the proud owner of an HP laptop with a faster processor than my last laptop and a helluva lot more memory. It also has a different keyboard design, which is proving hard to adjust to. I have to proof everything I type! But I will adjust!

Also new: A pair of glasses. Here's a pic of the new glasses. They have Anti-Reflective coating and the lenses change shades depending on the light. I lov them. And I'd better, they were expensive. I also got a haircut.

Earlier today I was about to take a shower and I looked at my naked body in the mirror Now I hadn't really had a chance to do that before, since I have issues exposing my body in front of a mirror at the shelter. Too many curious eyes and they're too curious, if you know what I mean. It's not really noticeable in the picture, but the right shoulder definitely looked different from the left side. And if I try to raise my arms, you can see the difference in the shoulder even more so. 

So I made a video where I was bare-chested and showed the world a little bit of my injuries. Here it is:


I'm sorry if that grosses you out, but some people had complained that I was not as injured as I claimed. I hope this video proves otherwise.

That was the old. The shoulder has not changed appreciable in weeks. The knee also hasn't changed. Sadly, I doubt either will.

The news is that I'm making progress toward getting Mike's News Hangout off the ground. A website has been paid for, but no content has been put on it, something I'll have to concentrate on. The URL is Mike's News Hangout, and I hope you'll bookmark it.

I have two more major purchases to make: A high quality video camera and a van. For the van I'll need a driver's licence and insurance. More time and money. That's on the agenda for Monday, st least the start of the process, though I'll have to arrange for someone to let me borrow a vehicle so I can take the driving test.

I'll report back in when all that is finished. I already have a couple of events I plan to go to whether I have a vehichle or not. I plan to go to Boston to meet my daughter and attend a Red Sox game, and in July I plan to take her to Otakon in Baltimore. I haven't seen her since 2004 and I'm looking forward to it!

That's it for now. Stay tuned for web site content and very likely video of me trying to 5-box in the World of Warcraft. I want to get everything on the web site done first.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Mike, on the start of your new life. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete