Friday, June 1, 2012

It Doesn't Fit!

I have begun my travels across the country, having been to 3 different ball games and several other events. In the week and a half I have been on the road, I have stayed in a hotel all but 1 night, something that will have to change or money will run out before my rental car lease.

As I have stated in previous blogs, I have been injured both on my right knee and my right arm. I have encountered a number of difficulties because of that.

First, the motel rooms where I stay usually have a desk where I can put my laptop and work on editing video or playing Warcraft. The tables are often so high off the ground that my right arm aches when I try to use the mouse. And last night I stayed in a motel in Groton, CT, where the table and chair was so close to the bed that I had real problems getting in.

Baseball parks are guilty of not leaving enough room with their seats too. Wednesday I went to a Boston Red Sox game and had issues. First, I got the row number wrong and was told row 2 started where I thought row 1 would be. I thought that was just as well, because I didn't have enough space in the row to comfortably sit with my right leg that can't bend all the way when sitting. But then the seat I moved to, while more comfortable for my leg, was at almost the same level as row 1, which had a number of folding chairs directly in front of me, and they were mostly full. I could not see home plate because of two guys sitting in those folding chairs directly in my way.

Anther issue with Fenway is there are no escalators and because I went in the wrong gate, I had to climb the stairs leading up the Green Monster and then back down to get to my seat. That is not a short climb, and I have to take them one step at a time.

My car is almost as bad. It's a Ford Focus, a subcompact, and getting in and out of the car with my bum right knee is difficult at best and never easy. I have to pull myself up and out and I have to hop when getting out of the car so that my knee doesn't have to bend.

This is one reason I wanted to buy a van.

The bottom line is, though I having a tremendous amount of fun, it's not all fun, and if I had to do it all over again, I would have bought that van. But I don't have enough money now and what I do have has to go toward gas (don't buy gas in CT) and the nickel and dime stuff that will empty my wallet all together too soon.

Want to help?

Watch my videos: http://www.youtube.com/MikeFoxWoW
o
Click on Like the videos (if you like them) and then click on the ads. I'll try to make them short and to the point and entertaining to boot!

You can also visit my web site at http://www.mikesnewshangout.com. Click on the  ads there. Clicking on ads gets me a little bit of money for each click. Enough clicks and I have a working budget for August. Not enough, then I'm going to settle someplace and find work. But I won't have nearly as much fun!

Seriously, I'm working hard every day to find interesting things to record. If you want that to continue, you have to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment