Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kickstarter, Part Deux.

Earlier this year, I attempted to get some funding for Mike's News Hangout using Kickstarter, which helps fund creative concepts. Apparently my attempt fell short of their expectations, largely because it was not time sensitive, and really, had no set goal other than to shoot video.

Yet I went on my trip anyway, with the money I had. Now that the money has run dry, I'm trying Kickstarter again, only this time, I'm narrowing the focus to  what I really had wanted to do in the first place, create a documentary on why baseball fans are so, well, fanatical.

The process was different this time, they've streamlined things considerably. And since I'm more focused, they approved it after a few days of waiting. So here is the link to the project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikesnewshangout/baseball-fans-across-the-country

This project has 59 days to find $5,000 in funding for me to continue my journey. There are some incentives, such as if you donate $20 or more, you get a DVD copy of the documentary once it's done. If you donate $1,000 or more, I'll treat you and 4 of your friends to a baseball game in your area and even interview you for the documentary.

If I don't make the goal, but it does make some money, I don't get any money. Which is one reason why the goal is so low. I could use more money than that, but $5,000 will go a long way.

So if you want to donate toward it, please click on the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment