Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life Update

It's been a while since I wrote about what's going on in my life. Here's a brief rundown on the major events over the last few weeks.

My chest still hurts from the fall I took, but the pain is minimal now. My knee and shoulder/arm are the same.

My doctor took a look at my arm yesterday and my knee. He pressed on the knee at just the right spot to tell me he knew what he was doing, but only suggested physical therapy. He pressed my shoulder as I lifted my arm and noticed the strange way it came up, that I demonstrated in a youtube video. You can look it up if you want to see me shirtless.

My blood pressure is normal thanks to medication. My blood sugar is higher than I'd like despite the use of Metformin. He prescribed an addition medication and tried to get me into a class explaining what I could and couldn't eat. I explained to him that I'd been to a similar class. I explained to him that as a homeless person who gets $200/month in Food Stamps, I basically have to eat what's put in front of me, and if that's bad for my health then what am I going to do? Not eat?

I went to an orientation meeting for Vocational Rehab this week. I have another meeting on Monday to see if I qualify. I'm not sure what they can do for me, except help me get a job, which of course would be nice.

I've been taking what's called HRD at SWSC. That's a class that teaches me how to look for and find a job. I took the same class about 2 years ago, with the same instructor, and he and I nearly came to blows because he directed his religious fervor directly at me. I can put up with him preaching if he directs it to the room in general, but if he directs it at me this time around, I'll walk out, and file a complaint. I'm being forced to take this class to keep my bed, and I would like religion left out of it. The man can preach to those that need it if he wants, but he spends so much time preaching that he doesn't have time for the class. I really object to that. Make me take the class if you must, but don't force me to sit through a sermon.

I put in an application with the State Fair last week. I have not heard from them yet. Not sure what I'll do there, but every little bit helps. I am in desperate need of some decent clothes.

Other than that, life is going on. I hope to keep that pace up!

Edit: After I wrote this blog I started suffering from cold-like symptoms. Adding misery. Story of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment