Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Writing Screenplays About Family

Okay the revolution within my body has been quelled for the most part, though I am experiencing pain still both on the chest and the shoulder. I am better able to concentrate on my writing.

I am attempting to write a screenplay based on events of my past, basically following me from ages 1 to 10, when I had issues knowing who I was and getting teased relentlessly by a group of girls.

My question today, though, is has anyone written such a script, and did you have to change the names to protect family members? Part of me wants to not change names, and part of me is worried about getting sued by family members who are not portrayed in the best light (but are portrayed honestly).

Should embarrassing yet entertaining bits be left out? Should I present my mother the way I saw her, risking drawing the ire of my entire family? Should I write it as fiction and not mention that events are based on something that actually happened?

And the biggest question of all: Can I get help writing it? If you have screenwriting experience, I need your help. I'm so close to the story that I have had trouble writing it for the last 20 years. So I need someone who's concern will be to listen to my ideas and stories and put them into a coherent script. I'd share credit.

I'm almost tempted to write it in the form of a book first, that way I can get the story on my computer, but I'm afraid I can't even do that.

*Sigh* It's a good story too, full of child-like wonder, imagination, and a family that, looking back on it, would leave the rest of the planet in stitches.

Well, that's all for today. Leave a comment if you're interested in helping, or send an email to mike.fox.wow at gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment