Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Trail Preparation: The First Hike

Just got back from my first hour-long hike. All-in-all it wasn't too bad. I didn't have a full pack. My tent is laying spread out on the floor waiting for me to try and put it together. My sleeping bag is laying next to my bed (I tried it out, but it's too hot here.) So I stuffed a jacket and a pair of shoes in it, got some water, and headed on out.
I have a tendency to go full speed ahead when walking. I had to rein myself in a few times while walking. At the end of a half hour, I stopped for a few minutes to sit down at a bus stop, then headed back. The hardest part was the hill leading up to my apartment, and I was very winded, as well as suffering from all the pollen around me (I'm allergic, I sounded like Kif from Futurama when he has a fit). But I survived, and that's what it's all about.
That will be the routine each day until I leave.
Nothing else new to report. Have wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment