Friday, April 9, 2010

The Trail Preparation: The Last full day at work

Okay, being that today is my last scheduled day before I depart, I wanted to say a few things:
I will lose computer services on Sunday. I may actually work a few hours on Saturday and Sunday to get as much cash as possible.
I intend to shut off the utilities on Tuesday, or sooner if the sheriff comes (no notice yet, by the way). So I will be without electricity for probably two nights. I can live with that. I'll have to live without it sooner or later!
I plan, actually, to spend some time at the mall. I may even bring my backpack, to get used to it. I'll also be doing a lot of reading (hey guy, this ain't no library!) Or I may just go to the library and hang out there. The idea is to be ready for the sheriff  in case I get locked out. To have my bag packed and ready to go, to not leave anything behind I'm not prepared to lose or just can't carry.
Anyway, that's the plan, we'll see how it goes. But after Sunday, no more regular updates.

Edit: Well so much for the last day of work. The call volume went off the charts and unfortunately, they were all the kind of calls where even one can give me a headache. Needless to say, the migraine  roared its disapproval. I'm going to go to bed and hope I feel well enough tomorrow and Sunday to make up for lost time, or the last paycheck will be a downer.

No comments:

Post a Comment