Friday, October 12, 2012

If you have to advertise it...


There's a young woman who occasionally rides the same bus as I do (for all I know she rides the same bus all the time). She's young, and cute, but to my eyes painfully thin, and gaunt, and resembles some of the pictures I've seen of heroin addicts.

She has tattoos on each of her fingers, a single letter each, that I spent some time deciphering today. On one fist was 'ABLE', which I took to mean she was 'able' despite her youth. But I couldn't quite work out the other fist. Then I realized it read "ADOR,' as in 'Adorable.'

I wasn't quite sure if I thought that tattooing that on her knuckles was really a good idea, but I suppose it's a conversation starter. I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but if you feel the need to broadcast that you're adorable, you probably aren't as adorable as you'd like.

Just my two cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment