Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Taking a Beating - er, Physical Therapy

I had my first encounter yesterday with Physical Therapy.

The first thing the therapist says is that there's nothing more he can do with the knee without surgery. I'm tempted to take that to Social Security to see if I can get a disability claim for it.

The next thing he does is examines the shoulder. It appears the shoulder is 'frozen' or locked into place. He made some measurements of how far he can move the arm, and then began probing around the arm and shoulder. He found a spot behind the shoulder that is extremely sore and he worked that hard.

He tells me that the 'capsule' of the shoulder might be torn or damaged and that might affect the mobility of the shoulder. The only way to tell is with an MRI, or surgery, neither of which I can afford - still no insurance. But he says he can work around that so that in the next 4 weeks I should get some mobility back, especially when reaching behind. He did mention that my deltoid muscle might be partially torn, and that might also affect movement.

He gave me several exercises to try, and a day after taking my first beating, I thought maybe there was some increased mobility, but it quickly froze again.

So the bottom line is that I have to see this guy twice a week for the next 4 weeks and we'll see where it goes from there.

On the good news side, I have started putting more effort into my 'Shy Boy' story, and have posted the first part of the story on my hub pages account.

I still have not heard from Vocational Rehab, and I'm still hopeful that I will. They have 60 days to respond.

I have been posting for jobs, and still have not received a call back on any of them. Not sure what's going on. But I am trying.

All in all, not a bad week so far, and I will continue to work on my writing during my spare time. Let's face it, I have more spare time than I want. But sometimes the muse doesn't visit me and my mind draws a blank. *it happens!

As always, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment