Friday, May 13, 2011

A Few Random Rants/Raves

Okay, I have a lot going on in my mind and elsewhere now.
First, welcome back Blogger! It was down for a good part of the day.
Second, there's a job magazine that the shelter carries, JobFinder, that I have some serious problems with. A sample of the last issue: 3 or 4 ads for Medical Testing. One ad for donating plasma. Several ads for educational opportunities. Where were the job listings? Oh yeah, there were none. Guess they should change the name to 'Find a Job? Ha! No! Wanna Donate Plasma?'
Third, I went to DMV yesterday and got my ID replaced. Next, once I get the ID, is to get the Social Security card replaced.
Fourth, the North Carolina Employment and Exchange Commission decided to deny my unemployment claim. Not entirely unexpected, but given the questions they asked when they called me, I rather hoped they'd see things my way. An appeal is forthcoming.
Hopefully I will get my debit card replaced in the next couple of days. Not much left in the account, but it will get me a 5-day bus pass and a soda. MMMMM Soda.
Still waiting for the tax refund. it may be the longest two weeks of my life!
That is all. Go on about your normal lives.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your latest run of negativity - hate that term "bad luck." I'm sending you only positive vibes so things will definitely turn around. Believe it. There will be a point where things will turn positive but you have to be in a receptive state of mind in order to receive the change. I believe in you, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, thought I'd commented on this already. Anyway the gist of the message was, why is it always darkest before the dawn? What about street lights?
    I appreciate your positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete