Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Intro Part IV - Playing

Okay, so far we've briefly discussed some of  my writing and my job. In this blog we're going to briefly discuss what I do in my spare time, which is play World of Warcraft.
I actually have two accounts with it, and have been known to dual-box from time to time, though not much recently. If you don't know what dual-boxing is, well simply put it's playing two accounts at the same time.
Warcraft is what is called an MMORPG, short for Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Game. And by massively, we're talking as many as 11 million subscribers. Oh, not all at once or on the same realm, but on each realm you can have many thousands of players at the same time. it's fun from that perspective.
What draws me in is a combination of the storyline and the fact that you can do so much by yourself.
And that's true with a lot of the online games out there. I've played a few, trying to get a feel for different games and their differences. Some are better than others, some just look better, but play awfully.
Anyway, that's what I do in my spare time. Not much of a life? Eh, it could always be worse. I could actually succeed in my writing and get caught up in the Hollywood scene That would be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment