Monday, December 14, 2009

A Holiday Classic maligned forever

Every year, for maybe the last 5 years or so, every time I hear the song 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,' I can't help but think, in these times, that the real shock would not be mommy kissing Santa, but daddy. So I basically change the wording to 'I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus.' I get a big of a kick out of it.
Of course, the censors might not like that, but if someone wants to steal it and record it for themselves, that's ok by me. Just remember where you heard it first!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Daddy kissing Santa Claus
    Underneath the mistletoe last night.
    They didn't see me creep
    down the stairs to have a peep;
    They thought that I was tucked
    up in my bedroom fast asleep.
    Then, I saw Daddy tickle Santa Claus
    Underneath his beard so snowy white;
    Oh, what a laugh it would have been
    If Mommy had only seen
    Daddy kissing Santa Claus last night.

    ReplyDelete